Wedding Planning Tips for a Day Everyone Will Remember
Planning your wedding can be one of the most exciting experiences of your life. But it can also be one of the most stressful. Here are some wedding planning tips that promise to make that special day a day not only to remember but a day to enjoy.
There’s just so much to do. There are so many decisions to make and everyone is looking at the bride to answer them.
Where will the wedding be? What’s the color scheme? Will there be a sit-down meal or a buffet style? What kind of flowers? What about the rehearsal? And on and on.
Some solid wedding planning tips would come in handy, right?
Tensions can run high and it’s sometimes difficult to navigate all the planning ins and outs without stepping on anyone’s toes.
From the rehearsal dinner to the reception there are some guidelines to follow that will ensure you, your honey, and all your guests have a lovely experience celebrating you!
The rehearsal dinner
- Whose responsibility is it? It’s generally accepted that the groom’s parents plan and pay for the rehearsal dinner. They should make the guest list with the cooperation of the bride’s family so that no one is left out.
- Who gets invited? Each member of the wedding party should receive an invitation, as well as the officiant and anyone involved in playing music or singing.
There are some gray areas that are left up to the discretion of the families. It isn’t necessary to allow those in the wedding party or otherwise involved in the wedding to bring dates, but it’s not inappropriate either.
Grandparents of the bride and groom are also sometimes invited to rehearsal dinners, especially if they have come from out of town.
The ceremony and reception
- What is the best way to handle blended family scenarios? One of the stickiest situations can be figuring out how to handle situations in which parents are divorced and remarried. It’s generally accepted that the biological parents are given preference, though many dynamics play into these situations. The best answer is for the bride and groom to work out what feels fair and comfortable to them.
- What is an acceptable amount of time between the ceremony and the reception? The ideal situation is for the reception to immediately follow the ceremony. This is fairly simple when the two are at the same venue. If you do need to have time between the two, try to keep it to no more than an hour and plan some light snacks for your guests to munch on while they’re waiting.
- Is it better to have assigned seating at the reception? While it may seem easier to let your guests choose their own seats, it’s usually better to assign them. It can be awkward for those guests who don’t know anyone else to try and find seats and it also makes a smoother transition from ceremony to reception.
What the Hideaway Country Inn offers
Hideaway can help you every step of the way as you plan your dream wedding, from the rehearsal dinner right through the honeymoon!
We offer a wide variety of wedding packages to satisfy any bride and groom:
- Country Romance. This comprehensive package allows you and your guests to be taken care of from the rehearsal through the reception, enjoying all that the Inn has to offer.
- Elegant Splendor. The perfect choice for a more formal wedding with a later reception that allows you to dance the night away.
- Romance to Remember. Looking for something a little more casual? You can also add on a dessert station or a photo booth!
- Sunrise Celebration. Get married early in the day and celebrate with a brunch.
- Sunset Bliss. Make a romantic sunset a part of your “I do”!
- Small Intimate Wedding. Appropriate for a small gathering of your most important people, this package is for 25 or less guests and provides the intimate atmosphere you’re going for.
You also have the option to just hold the ceremony at the Inn.
The Hideaway Country Inn’s wedding planning services can also help your family plan an amazing rehearsal dinner.
Being able to hold all your wedding events at one location can save you and your guests a lot of stress!
Wondering about the honeymoon options? The HideAway Country Inn has you covered there, too!
You can choose to stay a few days and take advantage of all the Inn has to offer or try a honeymoon package. Choose from a spa package or a sailboat package.
Contact the Hideaway Country Inn today and start planning your dream wedding!
What part of wedding planning are you most struggling with?