Dogs aren’t like family. They are family. That’s why the HideAway Country Inn welcomes quiet, non-aggressive canine companions when arrangements are made at the time of reservation. Advance pet reservations are required since the inn has limited accommodations for pets that include one pet-friendly suite and one apartment. That way you can enjoy the company of your well-behaved dog while on vacation here. The Inn reserves the option of limiting the number and size of pets (no more than 70 lbs please) on a case-by-case basis. All pet guests (and humans too if we’re being honest) must be completely free of fleas and ticks, well-groomed and up-to-date on shots and vaccinations.
For the comfort of all of our guests, furry or otherwise, the following pet policies apply:
- Only dog guests who are quiet and non-aggressive toward other pets and people are invited to the Inn. The dog owner guest(s) hereby agrees that the Inn is held harmless for any loss or injury or accident suffered by your dog while a visitor at the Inn. The dog owner(s) also hereby agrees that any damage or injury caused by their dog to our property, inn and /or other guest(s) pets or to any person(s) is the sole responsibility and liability of the pet owner(s).
- Dog guests are not to be left unattended in the guest room at any time unless they are in a cage.
- In order to preserve the peace and serenity we offer, dogs cannot be allowed to bark and disturb other guests. If this becomes an issue, you will be asked to leave and forfeit any and all funds due as outlined in our reservation policy and terms and conditions.
- Please keep your dog on a leash when walking them and contain them to the designated area.
- No dogs are permitted on the patio during the breakfast and dinner hours. If you chose to bring your dog to lunch, they must wear a muzzle.
- Guests accompanied by pets are responsible for cleaning up after pets; a trash can for waste disposal is located outside. Please use the dumpster provided.
- All dogs must sleep in their crates, carriers or a pet bed. Dogs are not allowed on furniture and rugs.
- Dogs are only allowed in the designated pet friendly suite and apartment.
- All other private or public areas, including around the office, restaurant, rooms and front porches, are reserved for human guests only.
- There is an additional fee of $50 USD per pet that is added to your accommodation charges to cover the costs of additional cleaning required after your stay. Your suite or apartment will be inspected after check out and any damages will be assessed and charged accordingly. If you are uncertain whether your dog may damage or soil the rug, we suggest you roll any rugs so you avoid being charged for professional cleaning or replacement.
- Any violation of this policy will cause eviction of the pet and owner(s) of the premise. You will be responsible for lodging costs as well as any costs for damages.
- Copy of current health papers must be attached so everyone has a dog-gone good stay.
NOTE: a written copy of this pet policy list will be signed by the guest upon check in.
Signature of Pet Owner Date
Name of Pet