Winter Takes a Toll on Skin: Restore and Rejuvenate with Some Fruity Facial Masks and Tips
In our area of Ohio, the Northern East Coast weather can leave your skin feeling dry and parched during winter time. Luckily, winter doesn’t last all year long, but once spring is on the horizon (and sandals, shorts, and bathing suit weather) many people want to care for their skin so they can look their best. It’s like coming out of hibernation!
We have some quick, simple tips below to restore the dry skin on your face to more supple and vibrant levels after it has endured a long winter of cold winds, freezing temperatures, and the dry heat of indoor furnaces.
1) Of course, the first main tip is always remember to drink of plenty water to hydrate your cells. Drink at least eight, 8 oz. glasses a day.
2) Slough off dry and dead skin by using a gentle body scrub and a non-abrasive facial exfoliate two times a week to get rid of these built-up skin cells. This will help to expose a fresh layer of skin which will help with the next tip of using moisturizer.
3) Use moisturizer soon after you towel dry from your bath or shower. This will allow the lotion to seep into your skin layers and form a barrier for your skin against the elements. In the winter, or in the quest to recover from winter, use an oil based moisturizer.
4) Use a moisturizing mask or facial home remedy to keep you glowing. See recipes below.
Miraculous Moisturizing Mask for Dry Skin -
- Put 2 ounces yogurt and ½ banana in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Apply to freshly cleansed face and throat area.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water.
Pumpkin Papaya Masque -
- Puree in a blender:
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup of mashed pumpkin
- 1 egg white, whipped into a meringue
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Smooth the puree on your face and neck, leave it on for 10 or 15 minutes, and wash off with warm water. If you'd like to apply this as an all-over body skin treatment you can substitute the papaya and egg white with yogurt.
Start your facial perk up at home, but we are sure that a spring time trip to the spa to rejuvenate and replenish will help you start anew too! Come join us at HideAway Country Inn, located in a quiet, woodland area near Bucyrus and Marion, Ohio. We offer lovely bed and breakfast options for a one night stay or an extended stay, but you can also schedule a day visit to our spa. We can help you get away from all that winter stress and restore shine to your beauty even if you only have a few hours. View our spa and massage information at /spa and call (800) 570-8233 for reservations.