Five Fun Ideas for Your Upcoming Bridal Shower!
Bridal showers are the perfect way to rain on the bride’s parade but in a fantastic way full of smiles and glee! Celebrate with her “singing in the rain” style and put some joy in her step by organizing a day to shower her with affection and excitement in preparation of her big day and her new life with her groom!
There are numerous choices for themes based on the bride’s personality, all you have to do is pick one and plan around it. However, if you need some ideas for a fun event, here are FIVE you might like:
1) Movie STAR--Make it a movie afternoon with the bride as the main STAR! Send out red carpet invitations, dress up, and then make a mini-movie with her front and center (you want to record the shower anyway right?). Have a walk of stars with a featured star for each guest’s name. All the guests can say their hopes and dreams for the couple and movie marquee lettering, movie type snacks can accompany the gift opening, and if some of the girlfriends want to stay later, you can have a girlfriend movie night with wine.
Movie Star Photo Credit: projectwedding.com
2) Tea Party--An afternoon tea party would look lovely as a theme. Vary it on the bride’s personality, but you could do a Victorian tea in the summer with printed fans and flowered tea cups, an English tea with dress attire being fancy hats, or you could even do something whimsical like an Alice in Wonderland scene. There are so many pretty color choices you can do with tea cups. If you don't like the frilly pink and flower theme of tea parties, try using modern mugs in red, black,and white and featuring monograms.
Tea party Photo Credit: www.beau-coup.com
3) Fairytale--Have a fairy tale themed luncheon. Decorate each table in the style of a various princess or choose just one, like Cinderella, and have the centerpieces done in glass slippers. Style your theme based on your princess, for instance have genie bottles, tapestries as magic carpets, and bright colors if you design an Aladdin theme.
4) Seasonal--Make the most of whatever season your bridal shower will take place in. For instance, choose fruit for summer for the buffet and use lemons with flowers for the centerpieces. If it is fall, use acorns, pumpkins, and dried corn. When you use what is in season that can help with the budget as well as look timely and beautiful.
5) Regency, Old Hollywood, Glam--Glitz and glam always are a hit with many brides. Put as much sparkle as you can into the invitations, table settings, and favors. Use gold-toned or silver napkins, silverware, and plating. Use jewels (not real of course) in the table centerpieces. Make a chandelier with gold balloons all tied with string to hang memorable photos on from the bride’s life or her courtship. Hang this over the dessert or gift table area. If you want to go 1920s glam as your theme, use lots of black feathers and golden edged mirrors.
But there is so much more! Our open indoor venue overlooks our scenic forest area and is also just right for a sit-down bridal shower!! In desirable weather, our back patio is also available! Catering from our Restaurant 1938 staff will make your food choices decadent and memorable. Or if you have a smaller shower planned, one of our suites would make a cozy setting.
Call (800) 570-8233 today to talk to our reservation specialists who can help you plan your day in the theme you desire. We look forward to seeing you at the Inn.
Lead Photo: Credit to www.weddingelation.com