Massage Therapy Can Help with a Wide Variety of Health Concerns and Ailments
Do you suffer from digestive issues, chronic pain, or arthritis? Though you should continue to see your physician and utilize conventional therapy, massage therapy such as deep muscle treatments can also help to relieve tension, loosen muscles, and get your circulation and fluids flowing correctly.
According to Johns Hopkins Medical, massage therapy has been show to help patients with the following problems:
- Mental health - Reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress disorders
- Cancer - Promotes relaxation response and enhances coping mechanisms in patients undergoing cancer treatment
- Pain control - In areas that include fibromyalgia, arthritis, sciatica (and other back pains), headaches, and childbirth
- Chronic lung disease - Increases respiratory function
- Digestive - As an add-on therapy for chronic constipation
- Injuries - Fights overuse and repetitive strain injuries, workplace and athletic trauma, whiplash
The University of Minnesota’s Center for Spirituality and Healing stated that massage therapy may also improve circulation, which enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells and helps remove waste products. These circulatory effects of massage may have value in the treatment of some inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis or edema (an excessive accumulation of fluid in body tissues, which may be reduced using manual lymph drainage), they reported.
They state that some of the general benefits of massage therapy may include:
- Physical relaxation
- Improved circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Relief for tight muscles (knots) and other aches and pains
- Release of nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Enhanced energy and vitality
- Some clinical styles may help heal scar tissue as well as tendon, ligament, and muscle tears
Having a massage can allow your body to respond with relaxation, which lowers heart, respiratory, and blood pressure rates and boosts the immune system. It creates an overall state of well-being and can restore your body and mind.
HideAway Country Inn is a quaint, historic, and scenic bed and breakfast located in Ohio that offers fabulous overnight stays, fine dining, and attentive service. However, we also offer a resort spa for use by guests or just spa patrons. Our treatments, such as deep stone massage or foot massage, can start you on the path to relieving your pain and stress. You’ll have a great time rejuvenating this summer with our outdoor massage package (view our photo above!). Call our spa reservation specialists at (800) 570-8233 and learn about all our spa has to offer you!