Feeling Impulsively Romantic? Check Out Our Five Suggestions to Planning Your Elopement!
Have you been thinking about making your commitment official during this romantic time of the year? Eloping and choosing a destination wedding can be one of the most impulsive, yet stress-free and happy times of your life! Not only will it alleviate a lot of organizational time and money, but it can create a carefree memory that you’ll hold close to your heart.
Though there are some things you’ll need to do—like pick a locale, an outfit, and getting any regulations in line—it can be as simple or as extravagant as you’d like it to be! We’ve come up with five simple ways to help you plan your elopement in no time flat.
- Choose to combine your elopement and honeymoon location! Not only will you feel as if you’ve been swept away into a fantasy world, you’ll be able to save money too. And your wedding will be an event you’ll always treasure as you won’t have to worry about getting from one side of the globe to the next. Many times a place you choose to stay will offer a special package for elopements and honeymoon and help you weed out details such as a local photographer, a cake, a beautiful dinner, and add-ons to set you up with a romantic honeymoon night. For some, an elopement could cost just 10-20% of a traditional wedding or at least cut the cost in half! Call for reservations early and let the location’s staff assist you in planning your special day!
- Choose a color theme for flowers and any decorations that you’ll want to have and talk it over with the venue’s staff for proper prior planning. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but color can be a very important part of any special event to set a lasting mood.
- Make sure you have your marriage license and all other state laws met prior to your elopement so that you are sure everything is handled correctly and you’ll have no worries on your big day!
- Plan to arrange a budget for wedding photos ahead of time and write down any thoughts you might have on what kind of candid and professional shots you want so that the memory of the day is forever within your grasp.
- Relieve stress by packing light and don’t forget the rings! Don’t worry about getting a hold of everyone right away to share your joy. Enjoy your intimate moments alone first and send wedding announcement cards with a wedding photo to your loved ones and friends once you return!
If you want to elope at a cozy, romantic, serene destination, we’d be happy to help you plan your special day here at the HideAway Country Inn. Located among rolling hills and woodlands in rural Ohio, near Bucyrus, Marion, and Mansfield, we have five areas within our acreage from you to choose from for your ceremony. We’ll even help you plan it!
To learn more about our elopement packages, check our website at: /weddings/elegant-elopement