10 Reasons for Your Best Summer Yet
Our Chef at HideAway Inn, located in Bucyrus, Ohio, is always on the search for the latest and best drink and dinner recipes. This week we've stumbled upon our friends at Food Network who seem to be on to something! They listed the best 50 Summer Drinks and HideAway wanted to share ten of them with you below. Whip one up and let us know what you think!
1. PB Frappe Puree 1/4 cup peanut butter with 1 cup milk. Pour some chocolate syrup into a glass; top with the peanut-butter milk. Slowly add seltzer and stir.
2. Vietnamese Iced Coffee Pour 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk over ice; stir in 1 cup cooled strong coffee.
3. Honeydew Ice Puree 1 cup each frozen honeydew melon and frozen diced cucumber with the juice of 1 lime and some sugar.
4. Sake Spritzer Combine 1 basil leaf, 6 mint leaves, 2 lemon twists, 1 orange wedge, 1/4 cup diced cucumber and 1 1/2 ounces orange liqueur in a shaker with ice; shake. Pour into a glass and top with sparkling sake.
5. Peach-Ginger Iced Tea Mash 6 canned peach halves with 1 1/2 cups of the juice, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon grated ginger in a pitcher. Add ice and 6 cups cold English breakfast tea.
6. Pineapple Rummy Fill a glass partway with sparkling cider and ice. Add a shot of dark rum and a few pineapple chunks.
7. Concord Cow Scoop some vanilla ice cream into a glass. Mix equal parts concord grape juice and lemon-lime soda, then slowly pour over the ice cream.
8. Real-Man's Margarita Salt the rim of a beer mug; fill with ice. Add Mexican beer, a squeeze of lime juice, a splash of tequila and hot sauce to taste.
9. Cherry Cooler Puree 1/2 pound pitted cherries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup strong hibiscus tea. Serve over ice and garnish with cherries.
10. Agua Fresca Puree 2 unpeeled cucumbers, the juice of 2 limes, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 cup water and 1/4 serrano pepper; strain. Serve over ice.
Photographs by Sang An
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-summer-drinks/index.html?oc=linkback