Easter Dinner with HideAway
By Rachel KerrMarch 23, 2013
Skip the mess and hassle of cooking an entire Easter feast for your family and friends and come out to HideAway’s delicious buffet. Spots are limited so book your reservations now! Our buffet is only $19.95 and includes the following:
~Leg of Lamb with Lavender Maple glaze and mint sauce
~Brown sugar crusted ham
~Pan roasted chicken
~Wild rice pilaf
~Pineapple upside down cake
~Carrot Cake cupcake
We hope you can make it but for those of you who can’t, we’ll share a little insider’s recipe for an amazing home cooked honey and brown sugar crusted-ham.
• 1 (9- to 10-lb.) ready-to-cook, bone-in ham shank
• 3/4 cup honey
• 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Slice away hard outer skin from ham with a sharp knife, leaving a thin layer of fat. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score top of ham in a diamond pattern; insert a meat thermometer into ham, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
2. Bake ham on lowest oven rack at 325° for 1 1/2 hours. Remove ham from oven, leaving oven on. Brush ham with honey. Combine sugar and spices; pat over honey, coating ham well.
3. Return ham to oven, and continue to bake at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 148°. (Cover ham with aluminum foil during the last 20 minutes, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning.) Let ham stand 15 minutes before carving.
We hope you enjoy!
« Back to Ask The Chef