St. Patrick's Day Treats with HideAway
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here and HideAway, located in Bucyrus, Ohio, is ready to celebrate! Grab some friends and come on out to our bistro for some holiday drinks and festive food. To get you in the spirit, our chef is sharing a festive St. Patrick’s Day recipe: The Chocolate Guinness Cake!
Fun Fact: The very first St. Patrick's Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
Chocolate Guinness Cake Recipe
• 1 cup Guinness (dark beer)
• 1/2 cup butter, cubed
• 2 cups sugar
• 3/4 cup baking cocoa
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• Grease a 9-in. springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
• In a small saucepan, heat beer and butter until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sugar and cocoa until blended. Combine the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; whisk into beer mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; whisk into beer mixture until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
• Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan.
• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and cream; beat until smooth (do not over-beat). Remove cake from the pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake so that it resembles a frothy pint of beer. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Tip: For extra flavor, add a touch of baileys to the frosting.
Book a reservation in advance by calling 800.570.8233