Be-My-Valentine with HideAway
By Rachel KerrJanuary 17, 2013
This Valentine’s Day, beat the crowded restaurants and noisy ambiance and spend your holiday with HideAway Inn. Book your romantic getaway, complete with a private dinner for two, wine and cocktails in the bistro, and sip champagne from your private Jacuzzi. Request rose petals on the bed, chocolates in the room, or any other special twist. Last, surprise your other half with this DIY Valentine Day desserts!
• 1 cup(s) (unsalted ) butter, softened
• 3 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup(s) sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon(s) peppermint or vanilla extract
• 3 cup(s) flour
• 12 ounce(s) package, 2 cups, semisweet chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoon(s) shortening
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg and peppermint or vanilla extract. Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Continue beating until well mixed. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll out half of the dough (keep the remaining dough refrigerated) to 1?4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out cookies using a 21?2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire rack.
3. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until just melted and smooth (4 to 6 minutes). Dip half of each heart into the chocolate. Place cookies on lined cookie sheets and refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated in airtight containers, with waxed paper separating layers of cookies.
Book your reservation now before spots fill up at 800.570.8233
« Back to Ask The Chef