Enjoy Life More with HideAway Inn
By Rachel KerrJanuary 3, 2013
With the New Year come new resolutions. This year, HideAway Inn challenges you to enjoy life more whether it’s a girlfriend getaway, commit to be fit, romantic escape, and so on. Many of us are consumed with the hustle, bustle and stress of everyday life that we forget to stop and enjoy the things we have control over. According to the top 10 resolutions written by About.com, resolution number five is to enjoy life more. HideAway makes that easy with our luxurious rooms, indulging spa packages, steamy jacuzzis, endless acres of beautiful land, and our delicious food.
One way to enjoy life more is to find a happier and healthier you. Given the new year, many will commit to gym time, crazy diet plans, and so on but why not challenge yourself to enjoy food in a healthy way? HideAway has whipped together two easy and yummy recipes that you’ll enjoy guilt-free.
1) Smoked Salmon Bites
These are a great appetizer if hosting a dinner party or if you just want to have a healthy snack or between meal filler.
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons wasabi paste, or 2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water (see Tip)
• 24 mini rice crackers
• 4-6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 24 1-inch pieces
• 24 small pieces pickled ginger, (see Tip)
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1. Mix mayonnaise and wasabi paste (or reconstituted wasabi powder) in a small bowl.
2. Top each cracker with 1 piece salmon, 1/2 teaspoon wasabi mayonnaise, 1 piece pickled ginger and a sprinkling of lemon zest.
2) Seafood Linguini
This restaurant tasting dish will wow your friends and family.
• 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine, or spaghetti
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
• 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 12 littleneck or small cherrystone clams, (about 1 pound), scrubbed
• 8 ounces dry sea scallops
• 8 ounces tilapia, or other flaky white fish, cut into 1-inch strips
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram, or 1 teaspoon dried, plus more for garnish
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
• Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute.
• Increase the heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Add clams, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in scallops, fish and marjoram. Cover and cook until the scallops and fish are cooked through and the clams have opened, 3 to 5 minutes more. (Discard any clams that don’t open.)
• Spoon the sauce and clams over the pasta and sprinkle with additional marjoram and Parmesan (if using)
« Back to Ask The Chef