Homemade Spa Treatments
Looking for a relaxing night in, girlfriend getaway, or a night out on the town? Test out HideAway's many spa options from facials to mani/pedis to outdoor massage to keep yourself looking and feeling great. Maintain soft and glowing skin with these homemade spa treatments from Michelle Naylor, volunteer for the American Cancer Society's Look Good…Feel Better program.
Avocado Facial mask
Avocados make a moisturizing mask that's nourishing for dry or sun-exposed skin.
• 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
• 2 tsp. sweet almond oil or virgin olive oil
1. Mash avocado and add oil.
2. Apply mixture to face and leave on 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with towel.
Salt scrubs are among my favorite home spa treatments. This one leaves your skin soft and glowing.
• 1/4 cup coarse salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
• 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
• 3-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Mix salt and oil.
2. Add lemon juice.
3. Massage into skin while you shower.
4. Rinse, pat dry and apply a natural moisturizer.
• Place a slice of cucumber over each eye. Lie back and relax for 15 minutes while cucumber tones and soothes skin around the eyes.
• Take two tea bags and make tea. Gently squeeze out the brewed tea bag and let cool. Place one slightly damp bag over each eye. Chamomile is good for tired eyes, while Indian tea (such as Darjeeling), an astringent, will firm the skin.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Milk Bath
Place 1 cup powdered milk, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal, 2 tsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. cream of tartar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a food processor and process to combine. Put in a clean, tightly covered, moisture-proof container. It will keep indefinitely.
To Use: Add about 1/2 cup of the Cinnamon Oatmeal Milk Bath to a full tub of warm water, and enjoy the soak.